Old February 10th 19, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default GPS week rollover issue

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:32:19 -0700, Dan Marotta wrote:

This raises a question with me.Â* I've often heard that Cambridge started
the whole GPS flight logging thing.Â* If that is true, why did FAI come
up with a different file structure?Â* If it is true, why not simply use
the Cambridge file?Â* Is it not "secure" enough?

Did the Cambridge file include baro height as well as GPS?
What about the task, pilot, glider and other stuff in the header, i.e.
A,C and H records?

FWIW, now that the use of finish rings and variable barrel size
turnpoints is becoming common in some countries the IGC 'C' records
(which list the start and end of a task as well as the turnpoints) really
need extending to allow the logger to record the type and size of all the
items that define a task, especially where variable barren sizes are used
in a handicapped event.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org