Old December 12th 04, 04:43 PM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:25:11 -0500, Jim
wrote:

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=19493

When I first looked at the pictures and saw that they were presented
at a NAVMEDCEN I thought it was for the health services folks. A very
similar uniform is presently used by male corpsmen attached to Marine
units. I would bet that female corpsmen have a "Woman Marine" look.

Then I re-read it and saw it was a proposal for ALL Navy enlisted men.

I guess I give this a Big Thumbs Down. What's wrong with Marines
looking like Marines and Sailors like Sailors?????

The womans version makes the model look pregnant. Or maybe just VERY
"hippy." On a really thin woman (who has never had children) this
might "get by." But add the natural spreading of the pelvis that
comes with child birth (or the "natural spread" that comes with age)
and you won't have too many happy enlisted women.

In any event I can't see too many women opting for this. My wife (a
retired O-6 Flight Surgeon) agrees.

Maybe looking like the Good Humor Man in summer and Lash LaRue in
winter is not so bad after all.

Bill Kambic