Old May 25th 05, 10:37 PM
Morgans

"George Patterson" wrote \

You are unlikely to see this. Tests run in the late 70s fairly

conclusively
proved that people cannot listen to two conversations at one time this

way; that
is, when one conversation was piped into one ear via a headset speaker and
another was piped into the other ear, the listener couldn't make sense of

either
conversation.

I would have to say that depends on the listener, and their skills.

I was trained as a band director, which involves being able to listen to the
3rd clarinet part, (for example) while the whole band is playing. I have no
problem selectively listening to the conversation I want to. I did it
easily at OSH last year, listening to the point communications band, while
listening to the tower.
--
Jim in NC