Old March 28th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Voyager

Default barnyard, its on your head....

Stealth Pilot wrote:

Bob, truely, if you ask vans they will sell you the plans to scratch
build the RV3. the RV3B plans are $us120.
yes the RV3 is available as a kitbuild with those lovely anodised
parts. trouble is that anodising halves the fatigue life of the
components. as I explained to vans I'd rather scratch build.

Stealth Pilot

Yes, anodizing has a detrimental effect on fatigue life, but so does
corrosion. If you are sure that you will never have a corrosion problem
(the airplane is kept in a desert), the not anodizing is probably a good
way to go. However, if there is any reasonable chance of corrosion, I
would take my chances with anodizing.

https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/...hesis_SP05.pdf

http://corrosion-doctors.org/Forms-fatigue/fatigue.htm