Old June 23rd 04, 01:06 PM
George Z. Bush

WalterM140 wrote:
"WASHINGTON, June 22 - Deputy Defense Secretary Paul D. Wolfowitz, a prime
architect of the Bush administration's Iraq policy, said Tuesday that the
Pentagon had underestimated the violent tenacity of an insurgency that formed
after Baghdad fell, and he acknowledged that the United States may be forced
to keep a significant number of troops in Iraq for years to come."

-- Today's NY Times

That's all very nice, but let's recall that two four star generals (at least)
Generals Zinni and Hoar -- both former commanders of Central Command -- have
said Iraq was contained, and no invasion was necessary. And let's remember
that the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Shinseki said 300K troops were
required to settle the security situation.

Let's remember that the Bush administration went into Iraq with less than half
that number after ensuring the only possible source of significant numbers of
other troops -- the UN -- was thoroughly alienated.

The Bush adminstration is a miserable failure and the blood of our troops is
red on its hands.

Walt

"But, Daddy, if I fire them, I might embarrass them and make them feel bad!" Is
that a boss man with balls, or what??? Yeah, I know.....it sure as hell isn't
the first choice, is it.

George Z.