Old October 29th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James Robinson

Default CA Did Not Cave To Standard Bush Security Demands

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

James Robinson wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:48:49 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

The problem is if the Prez just does a fly-by like he did right
after New Orleans flooded he took crap for not being there.

The problem is, that the TSA/DHS doesn't understand how their VIP
TFRs hamper emergency responders' efforts.

Sure they do. SS has its priorities.

You wonder if they couldn't recognize the extraordinary circumstances
and keep the footprint to a minimum. Surely the President could
override his handlers and insist on it, recognizing the risk, but
also recognizing the political dividends.

Well, on this case, they DID recognize the circumstances and didn't
stop the airborne firefight efforts.

Yes, but only after the state officials refused to let him come unless he
did. It should have been something Bush's people offered, particularly
following the complaints after his visit four days after Katrina.

And if you believe political web sites, here is a discussion about the
photo ops that were set up after Katrina:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/bu...ns_photos.html

I hope things will less orchestrated in California, but the contrived
news conference FEMA gave doesn't encourage me.