Old September 19th 04, 05:28 AM
Mike O'Malley

"John Harlow" wrote in message
"There was never any risk because we have good air traffic controllers
and they were not going to let anything happen," Green argued in his
closing remarks to the judge.

Then I hold ATC directly responsible for not immediately making the plane
land. How dare they let a catastrophe almost happen?

Reminds me of an item from one of those e-mail jokes...

"The concept of "controlling" airspace with radar is just a form of FAA
sarcasm directed at pilots to see if they're gullible enough to swallow it.
Or to put it another way, when's the last time the FAA ever shot anyone
down?"