Old November 9th 04, 10:20 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
Nicholas Kliewer wrote:
In the following approach (VOR/DME or GPS-A),
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0411/06276VDGA.PDF
am I required to hold at RAINEE? Does it
depend which IAF I use?

I see three IAF's (OWANY, OWDIM, and RANEE). The first two are the
start of DME arcs, both of which are marked NoPT, so you don't fly a
PT if you start from either of those.

If you start the approach from RANEE you have to fly the PT, and the
PT is constrained to be a 1-minute holding pattern.

What I find odd about the procedure is that there's no hold charted
for the missed. The obvious answer is that you hold northeast of CLL
on the 027 radial, right turns, 1 minute legs, but it's conventional
to chart the holding pattern.