Old November 6th 17, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_3_]

Default ASW 20 Handling Issues?

At 05:55 05 November 2017, wrote:
The ASW 20 seems to have a reputation for bad behavior in some
configuratio=
ns. Is this reputation deserved or overblown? What has been the
experienc=
e of those who have owned and flown the glider? Are some variants of the
2=
0 better or worse in terms of handling characteristics?

Tom A

I can only claim about 400 hours in a 20, and almost invariably flew it at
16.6m, and it never showed any untoward handling characteristics. I have
read, though never experienced it, that they can depart easily when in
landing configuration.
Dave