Old September 16th 03, 08:53 PM
Ron Natalie

"flyer" wrote in message om...
My partner said that the single mag takeoff could have caused "detonation"

No. I can't see how it would. Detonation is caused by increased cyl. pressures
and preignition comes from screwing up the timing (or other factors). None of this
I can see how one mag would this effect.

or "cylinder glazing"

Doubtful. Glazing is usually an effect of colder than standard operating temperaturs.

or "a bad flame front in the cylinders"

Well, this is why you get worse performance on one mag. Since there are two plugs
neither one is optimally situated, so running on one is a degredation. But...

and ruined the compression.

I don't think so.

This would be the same thing
as having a fouled plug in a cylinder, and nothing bad happens then.
Does anyone have any other feelings about this phenomenon

I agree with your assesment.