Old January 11th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Controlled flight into glass

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:27:57 GMT, Kevin Clarke
wrote in . net:

Larry Dighera wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50901

"Of course it's scary, but I'm not going to stop flying because of
it," sparrow Darryl Beardsley said, echoing the apparent sentiment
of millions of other sparrows worldwide. "I guess it's just my
nature."

I'm an admirer of good satirical humor, but this thinly disguised
piece aimed at denigrating airmen is not funny. Rather it attempts to
unapologetically ridicule airmen in the eyes of the lay public without
any redeeming merit.

Aww c'mon Larry. It is the Onion. This is what they do. I didn't take it
that they were denigrating airmen at all. You can't really enjoy
laughing at others if you can't laugh at yourself first.

I thought it was a nice little bit of irony and satire.

I found the piece to be a sophomoric satirical attempt devoid of any
redeeming merit, let alone humor, regardless of it's implicit message.