Old November 28th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Aircraft Instrument Books?

Thanks, Martin. I've got the 8th edition of Gliding, and it is less
detail than I was looking for. I appreciate the tip, though!

-John

Martin Gregorie wrote:
My copy of Derek Piggot's "Gliding" (7th edition) has a chapter (about
17 pages) on the instruments (ASI, altimeter, vario, T&S, compass,
artificial horizon). For each it described briefly how it operates and
rather more on its accuracy and limitations, with most space devotes to
varios and the compass.

This might be less detail than you want, but "Gliding" is probably a
cheaper book and worth checking out because of that.