Old January 31st 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Medal Winners: Air Traffic Control Tapes

Wouldn't it be helpful for civilian towers to do that?

I had a civilian tower say "check wheels down" to me last Saturday.
This was only my second XC to a towered airport, so I had no idea what
they said. I asked my instructor and he told me, so I got a good
chuckle out of it since our gear was (hopefully) fixed - I looked out
the window to make sure it was still there... But, considering a
landing, I guess a little reminder never hurt...