Old July 30th 17, 08:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark shock absorber replacement/rebuild

On Friday, 28 July 2017 15:11:26 UTC+1, wrote:
My Twin Lark (located in West Virginia) needs its shock absorber repaired/overhauled or replaced (it's fully depleted and a nitrogen re-charge did not help). I've received help from others so far, but welcome additional insight, sources, recommendations, etc. on either repairing or replacing this shock absorber quickly. Thanks in advance.

-Brian

Brian, I obtained a few Blanik shock absorbers in good condition, after the aircraft were scrapped ( mainspar issue). I fitted one to my IS28B2 -Lark quite easily, it only needed the filling valve to be exchanged ( they face in different directions. I would advise using a new copper sealing washer if you do change the valve over). The Lark unit is the same as the Blanik unit, except for this difference.
I suggest you either obtain one similarly. The Blanik dealer in USA ( I have forgotten his name) should be able to provide new seals if you want to refurbish it yourself, though I would ask him to do this for you.
I was offered some new shock absorber units recently, if you wish I can dig out the contact.
Best wishes. Pete