Old November 16th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default UV Smooth Prime

".Blueskies." wrote in message
et...

"Morgans" wrote in message
:
:
: I suspect the problem was that of the primer, not of the topcoats.
:
: Ever notice(d) what the 1987 and 88 (and perhaps 89) automobiles with
light blue
: and gray paint did? Most, if not all had the paint peeling off in
sheets or
: fading all of the way off, without starting to strip them.

That problem seems to come and go. I first saw it in the 60's with light
blue metallics. I've seen it on several brands of vehicles. Light blue and
grey metallics seem to have been the worst over the years.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com