Old November 17th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Marc J. Zeitlin

Default UV Smooth Prime

Doug Palmer wrote:

..... Of those of you out there who
have had issues could you give an estimate of when the product was
purchased, and Who the vendor was. Just a thought...

2001/2002 from Aircraft Spruce.

Let me ask you a question. Since there are a bazillion different
primers out there, and the ONLY one that anyone has ever complained
about in public with respect to painting composite aircraft is Smooth
Prime, even if the failure rate is relatively low (let's say 5% as a
talking point, although I personally know 5-7 COZY builders who've had
problems with it, so in the COZY community the %age is probably closer
to 10%-20%), why would you want to use a product where the failure
rate is 5% rather than one where the failure rate is 0.01%?

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://www.cozybuilders.org/