Old June 23rd 04, 10:48 AM
Darryl Gibbs

Hi Paul.

Some of the others mentioned by people here sound pretty good, but as you
said it floated back up and hit the tailplane, not exploded, it sounds very
much like film of a trial drop of stores by an F-111, although from memory,
I think it may have been a drop tank rather than a bomb.

I'm pretty sure I have a copy here, and failing that, should have one at
work.

How soon did you need it? At the moment I can't convert it to a file to
e-mail, but hopefully i'll have my camera back in the next few weeks and be
able to convert it to digital.

Bye for now.

--
Darryl Gibbs
HTTP://www.cnapg.org

"Paul Housley" wrote in message
om...
Perhaps a bit of a random question for this newsgroup.

A while ago, I saw video footage of a bomb being released from a
fighter-bomber under test conditions. It was on an aviation
documentary. The high speed camera then shows it climb up and destroy
the tailplane. I don't think they quite got their trajectory calcs
right!

Has anyone seen this video? Does anyone know where I could get a copy.
Stills from it would be fine. It's for a uni project in case you were
wondering.

If not, anyone able to point me in the right direction of where to
ask?

Thanks for your help.

Paul.