Old January 25th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Corvair conversion engines - cracked crank link

Peter Dohm wrote:

The Corvairs have a very good idle. But the Rotax, which is one of the
possible replacements I would include on my list, seems to have a minimum
operating speed restriction. On a KR-2, which has no flaps, I suspect it
would result in very flat final approaches.

You are right about the small Contintals, time has gone by and I just
plain forgot.

The KR-2 built to plans do have flaps. The drawings are hanging on the wall
behind me;-)
John

wish I could unload it so I could get/build a SP elegible aircraft!