Old July 16th 03, 06:29 PM
C.D. Damron

"Jake Donovan" wrote in message
news:6UcRa.16144$AD3.3690@lakeread04...
MPower,

I was going to let the originator decide where to take this but you need

be corrected. After contacting all organizations that have anything to

do
with Naval Aviation training and the SEALS, there are NO, I repeat NO
enlisted NAVAL AVIATORS in the Navy.

The people you are referring to were trained for special missions in

private
aircraft and do not hold a 13XX designator. They may be pilots who are in
the Navy, but they are NOT Naval Aviators nor can they fly as Pilot in
Command of any Naval Aircraft without a designated Naval Aviator in a dual
controlled aircraft. They can not LOG anytime in a Naval Aircraft, even

if
they get stick time.

And to clear another point up, the original person who was "one of 11
enlisted pilots" who just retired, was trained through this program and

was
not a NAVAL AVIATOR. He was a private pilot. Yes, his service jacket was
looked at.

As I suspected. To further the point, my father, a retired NFO, has
hundreds of hours of private pilot time logged in Naval aircraft, but he
would never claim to be a Navy pilot.