Old May 1st 04, 10:32 PM
Matt Whiting

Hilton wrote:
Teacherjh wrote:

except that it must be a control
seat, which I take to mean a seat with controls.

To which FAR are you referring?

Oh, you're gonna make me look it up. I find:
91.105 (flight crewmembers at stations). It does not mention "control

seat"; I

must have misremembered that. But it does imply that it must be a

"station",

by which I take it they mean a seat designed for and intended for a pilot

or

appropriate crewmember. I don't think the FAA would go for the idea that

the

passenger seat in the third row of a saratoga consititues a "station".

Jose,

OK, I was looking at 91.105 too, but thought there may have been an
additional requirement somewhere else. Since it does not say "control
seat", I believe the PIC therefore is not required to be at a control seat.
Heavy iron pilots - correct me if I'm wrong, but the PIC of a 747 can ACT
and LOG PIC while sleeping in his bed. Am I correct?

Hilton

I believe this applies only to the ATP certficate, which a 747 captain
certainly would hold.

Matt