Old December 1st 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default must have 350hp above FL250?

Part 23 and 25 is where you find aircraft certification.
Part 91 has requirements for flight in airspace, such as
reduced vertical separation [ what the King Air pilot was
talking about].
Revisions to Part 23 have included increased requirements
for stability above 25,000 feet.
Other requirements for pressurization and or oxygen systems
have included altitude limits.
The Type Certificate Data Sheet for each make, model and
serial number is where the limits, such as you cited will be
found.

"buttman" wrote in message
s.com...
| According to the Aerostar's specification sheet, it says
"Must have
| 350hp engines above FL250". Is this a regulation thing, or
just a
| limitation of the type? I tried searching through any kind
of e-FAR I
| could find, but came up with squat.
|
| http://www.aerostaraircraft.com/specs.pdf
|
| Come to think of it, there are a bunch of altitude
restrictions based
| on equipment, that are spread throughout the FARs, such as
the Mode C
| rule above 10,000; oxygen starting at 12.5; and DME above
FL240.

| I also remember a King Air pilot saying in order to fly
above a certain
| altitude (something like in the FL3XX range) you had to
have a
| specially certified altimeter (which costs an
arm-and-a-leg)

| Is there one place that has all of these altitude
restrictions listed?