Old April 7th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Maynard

Default Cirrus Owner Tell His Story

On 2008-04-06, BobR wrote:
WOW what a surprise....Been busy all day and just now picked up the
computer to check my mail and surf a bit. Imagine my surprise to see
that I have made two posts to this thread when I haven't even been
home.

*sigh*. My apologies for thinking unkind things bout you that weren't
warranted.

It wasn't fair to tie you to zoom for any reason without proof and it
wasn't fair for zoom to tie Sun-N- Fun to the Florida Tax issue without
any viable proof.

The timing of Zoom's story could well have been chosen for its intended
effect on SnF. That doesn't make the story itself any less meaningful.

Forget Zoom ever wrote about it. Is the story still worthwhile? Considering
that AOPA and EAA think it is, it's something we shouldn't ignore. That
said, while I wouldn't take my new airplane to SnF, that doesn't mean I
wouldn't go. (My roommate's dad is on his way there right now, in what's
supposedly a beautifully restored Ercoupe. I wish I were going.)

So my apology to you for a totally unfair comparison...nobody deserves
to be compared to zoom.

Accepted, of course.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com