Old October 25th 04, 09:17 PM
David Brooks

"Chris" wrote in message

"David Brooks" wrote in message
OK, flight instructors, have you been doing your patriotic duty since
midday
Wednesday? Remember, under the thoroughly amended rule:

snip

Non US students need a visa to train and there is only a small number of
flight schools around able to issue form I-20 needed to get a M1 visa.
Without this form and the visa, students will not get past immigration.

Therefore there should not be many CFIs with non resident alien students
unless they are in a M1 approved flight school. These schools are used to
handling the necessary paperwork and this only represents a bit more.

No doubt, if you restrict your analysis to nonresidents.

But the TSA has affirmed that their rule applies to resident aliens also. We
form 13% of the pilot population, and we not only got past immigration, we
have jobs and homes here. That means we form 13% of the people walking on
the door of every flight school and independent instructor in the country
(unless you want to reduce that number by those who have foreign
certificates; I haven't even thought whether their conversion to a US
certificate would be covered by the rule).

-- David Brooks
Believe!!!!!