Old June 24th 05, 06:17 AM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
As rare as it is, I agree 100% with Larry. Most of the spam, trolling and
general B.S. on this group originates from anonymous posters. If
anonymity was not allowed, the signal to noise ratio would vastly improve,
as posters would actually have to stand up and be counted as people.

I disagree 'almost' 100% with Larry (and you) on this issue. Cowards??
Goodness gracious!

I worked for years at the Brewery with guys named Red, Whitey, Tex, Butch,
Swanee, Bud, Slim, etc. That's how I knew them. In these newsgroups, as long
as you can match a moniker to a posting history, that's all that really
matters, IMHO.

I'm not even buying that signal to noise reasoning since (aside from the
occasional outside nonsensical spam) many of the "low" s2n threads around
here are propagated by folks using their real names.

Montblack