Old June 24th 05, 02:07 PM
Jay Honeck

I disagree 'almost' 100% with Larry (and you) on this issue. Cowards??
Goodness gracious!

I worked for years at the Brewery with guys named Red, Whitey, Tex, Butch,
Swanee, Bud, Slim, etc. That's how I knew them. In these newsgroups, as
long as you can match a moniker to a posting history, that's all that
really matters, IMHO.

There are always exceptions, of course. You, Newps, and Maule Driver all
come to mind as good, solid Usenet citizens, even though you choose to
remain (somewhat) anonymous.

Unfortunately, for every example of good, I can name three anonymous
evil-doers (I *love* that word!) -- or, worse, guys who appear to be using
their real names, but are actually using a real-LOOKING pen name -- who are
really nasty, and contribute little to the conversation.

Luckily, these aviation groups are the least polluted. Go over to the Ford
Mustang group, or any political group, and you'll see how bad it can get.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA