Old March 25th 19, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Borgelt Dynamis variometer

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 3:03:22 PM UTC+1, Mike the Strike wrote:
Without any technical insight into the product, I am prepared to say that there is a good chance that Mike has done what he says. We corresponded a couple of decades ago about this problem, since we experience sometimes severe gust/shear problems with our strong Arizona thermals. New sensors enable several possible mechanisms to compensate for this problem. Mike has had at least twenty years to figure it out and has a long history of designing good varios.

Mike

With all respect, I am sure that there has been a lot of time and effort put into this, but that does not per definition means that it is a good product.

I'd really like to know what sensors are involved, the basic functions should be explained. I don't buy this "i am not gonna tell you" approach.

As an engineer, I like to use facts, not "good chance" or just strong belief. Lets not make this one about religion.

Especially when it is stated Quote: "The most significant advance in sailplane instruments since the invention of Total Energy and maybe the variometer itself".