Old May 18th 17, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Quietpilot

Default Clueless news reporting

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:43:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
http://www.kaaltv.com/news/more-than...-lea-/4483097/

It's good to get coverage, but wow. How can someone get this so wrong?

5Z

I don't wish to add more tasks to contest staff. Perhaps we can work out a press release template to spoon feed the media accurate and interesting information in an easy to digest manner, filling in relevant details as needed.. Different templates for different soaring related situations an operation may find a journalist investigating or proactively sent to local outlets for local interest topics. If we make their job easier to craft an accurate interesting story we can get a better public image for ourselves and the sport.