Old January 14th 18, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Electric Towplane sets a new climb record

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 8:32:19 AM UTC+13, Tony wrote:
My experience in the Electro in Uvalde and Kansas is that motor temp
becomes an issue well before battery and controller temp.

Depends on the machine. Antares has better motor cooling,
but batteries start to get hot and require early shutdown
at Uvalde for example (I typically shut down 800-1000 ft).
Perhaps cooling for enclosed FES motor isn't as good?

See ya, Dave