Old June 5th 18, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default refilling O2 bottles on the road.

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 9:34:31 AM UTC-7, kimobear wrote:
When traveling with a motor glider out west ( USA), what do people do, when trying to get their O2 bottles refilled?
I noticed in the notes on airport services available at smaller airport, that most have no O2 refilling services available.
Carrying a full size tank in car to fill from is not an option.

Salutem,
Kimobear
flatlander who likes O2

Many years ago I used to fill my tanks at an aviation supply place with aviation 02.
One day they informed me that they no longer offer re-fills and sent to their nearby source where they used to buy it- to get my tanks filled.
When I requested aviation oxygen the owner quoted me $30 a fill up of aviation oxygen or $15 for regular, and than he pointed to this very large tank and said "by the way they both come out of THAT container"