Old June 13th 18, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Safety against commercial pressure?

A private owner(s) might choose to not fly not because it dangerous but because there isn't sufficient lift to make it worth the effort. 5000' tows with a glide back to the ground are not uncommon at commercial ops.

Or a private pilot with low experience may not fly because conditions are beyond his limited skill set. Those same conditions may pose no issues for an experienced commercial pilot.

While I can see how one might read into that post that commercial ops take excessive risks because of the money, I feel that's a bit of a leap. Just my 2 cents.