Old April 24th 05, 08:14 PM
Peter R.

Greg Esres wrote:

No doubt. But what I question is the standards by which you judge
your instructors.

What's to question? Being that I already have my instrument rating, I now
prefer an instructor who has actually flown in the system for real, not one
who sat right seat as an instructor all of his hours. I seek to learn more
of the "IFR subtleties" we touched on in this thread.

I noticed you conveniently skipped over the sincere question about your
background.

You certainly want someone with a reasonable amount of IMC time, so
that you will feel safe when you fly with him.

It has nothing to do with "feeling" safe when I fly with the instructor.
Instead, it has everything to do with getting what I pay for, which is to
learn from someone much more experienced than I. An instructor who has
little actual IMC time and has placed a hood on a student's eyes more than
he has flown behind one himself is not one on which I wish to spend my
money.

But beyond that, what benefit does it provide you?

See above.

snip
But hey, the guy is experienced! Sounds like the instructor for you.

LOL! You are funny. This pilot sounds like a real a-hole and a two-minute
conversation with him would certainly reveal this.

Greg, it seems to me that you may have taken my comments about instructors
personally. My apologies if this is so and I do not desire to continue
down this ever-eroding path with you.

--
Peter