Old April 22nd 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.army
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

Default "Analyst: Obama Would Be A Nightmare For Defense Programs, Firms"

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:42:41 -0700 (PDT), Jack Linthicum
wrote:

Carter, the closest thing we have ever had to a real active duty
officer, not staff or command, wanted everything justified and cut if
unjustified.

Are we overlooking George H.W. Bush, John Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower,
Harry S Truman, Teddy Roosevelt, Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Jackson,
Abraham Lincoln, Henry Harrison, George Washington, to name just a
few...?

Carter cut programs in the military aggressively, froze promotions and
military pay/allowances for three of his four years, gave us 22%
inflation and an 18% prime interest rate, presided over the collapse
of our greatest ally in the middle East, allowed our embassy to be
seized and then micro-managed the bungled rescue attempt, etc. etc.

And, now he believes Hamas is willing to co-exist with Israel...

One can only say the Jimmy Carter meant well.

....but executed poorly.
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"