Old May 10th 20, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Which 18m FES sailplane to buy?

wrote on 5/9/2020 11:34 AM:
On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 7:33:55 AM UTC+2, Ben Hirashima wrote:
Hi Marco. I ended up ordering a GP15.

Hello,

I was wondering if the 50 L/D is actually real.
How is this glider's thermaling and slow speed flying performance and handling?

We don't have any flight test data, and I'm not aware of any comparison flight
reports, but 50 L/D for the small fuselage (48 for the standard fuselage) is
credible for new 15M design. The only US delivery (the one at the convention)
should fly this month, and I hope to do some comparison flying with it in my
ASH26E. The brochures for each glider indicate very similar gliding performance
when unballasted ;^)

There was an article in Soaring magazine by the US dealer for the glider,
describing his trip to the factory and his flight in a GP15. November, I think.