Old November 25th 04, 10:38 PM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

One lesser known fact about credit card companies is that they will screw
the VENDOR far more readily than they will their customers.

has American Express or Diners Club done the same to you?
(just curious)

We'll never know -- I threw BOTH of them out right after we opened, after
they tried to charge us 5% for each transaction. (The other cards -- Visa,
Mastercard & Discover -- charge us "only" 4% for the privilege of "working"
with them.)

Here's another credit card mystery: Why the hell does ANYONE use any card
but Discover? Everyone else charges to use their cards, while Discover
actually PAYS you to use their card -- yet they are a distant third or
fourth in the industry.

Funny you should mention this. I just got a Discover card last January
after hearing from my sister how they got money back on theirs. I kept
my Visa however. Turns out that was a good call as I've found a lot of
places that don't accept Discover. Also, the rebat isn't nearly as
large as their marketing leads you to believe. I've spent probably
15,000 on Discover this year and my rebate is still less than $50.
Quite frankly, this isn't worth the pain of dealing with two credit
cards, paying two bills, etc. Also, I've had three erroneous charges on
my Discover in the 10 months I've had it ... more than I've had on Visa
in 20 years! The last two erroneous charges were substantial, totaling
$1500 for shipping on DHL from a location in Washington state, while I
was out of the country no less!

I'm going to get the meager rebate at year end and then cut up the
Discover card. The rebate is mostly fluff in my experience. I just I'm
just not in bad enough financial shape to get excited about a 0.3% rebate...

Matt