Old April 13th 05, 09:05 PM
Jay Honeck

- Pull the power back and you can drop like a streamlined manhole cover
if you need to. I'll bet forward slips are fun (have yet to try them).

A forward slip in our Pathfinder is like riding a peregrine falcon in a
vertical dive. The world gets big, really, really fast.

- 200 HP at sea level on a cool evening and lightly loaded is fun.

Ain't it? I remember my first flight in our Pathfinder, with a 145 pound
CFI, light on fuel, in the winter. Yee ha! All I could see was sky.

There is simply no substitute for horsepower.

- I'd almost forgotten how much better I like fuel injection. Have
experienced lots of carb ice situations in the Archer during evening
instrument lessons. One less thing to worry about.

First time I've ever heard of a Cherokee icing. It's never happened to me,
even in the damp, cold Midwest. (Cessnas are another story...)

- It's really cool to (honestly) say "Yes it is" when asked "Is that your
Arrow?".

Pride of ownership is worth all the headaches and hassles. (Just keep
repeating that at annual time, over and over...)

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA