Old October 13th 05, 02:19 AM
Bill Daniels

"Jack Glendening" wrote in message
.net...
I'm thinking about "upgrading" from a Cambridge LNAV/GPS to a more
modern setup using a PDA. But I've noticed that the usual setup has
the PDA mounted vertically on the canopy, which I would not like since
it obscures a portion of the outside view and for me the visual
aesthetics of being able to look out and sightsee while I am flying
are very important (and the main reason why I own a DG with its large
canopy area). I would think there are other alternatives such as
strapping the PDA on one's thigh - but perhaps the usual setup is
mandated by some factor, such as sun-washout of the screen if it were
to be more horizontal (per the thigh-mounted approach). So I was
wondering if anyone has experience with a non-canopy-mounted PDA which
they like and would recommend (and which does not impede the external
view).
Jack

New panel with the instruments moved to the sides leaving a PDA shaped
vacant spot in the middle.

Bill Daniels