Old November 18th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
O'Neil

Default question for RNA folks

About 10 yrs ago, the late Martin Caidin had
written a book called "Ghosts Of The Air". It
was a compilation of interviews he conducted
with military and civilian aviators.

The topic of conversation in those interviews,
were unexplained 'supernatural', or otherwise
outright 'paranormal' experiences these military
pilots & civilian aviators had witnessed in the
course of their careers.

An old B-29 bomber during WW-II returning to
an airfield in London, all shot up, with no crew
onboard.

A lone pilot heading home hearing a voice next
to him telling him to turn (to avoid impact with
a mountain). He knew the voice was of his father,
who had died several hours earlier unknown to
him

etc, etc.

Just wondering if any of the folks here have had
similar - 'unexplained' experiences.

Back when the book was published, the internet
did not exist as we know it now. Mr Caidin was
very meticulous in his research both for the book,
and verifying the integrity/credibility of the
pilots who he interviewed (ie. retired and active
duty fighter pilots, commercial airline pilots,
etc).

maybe we can get some interesting stories here.