Old July 8th 03, 10:21 PM
Barnyard BOb --

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:47:23 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message
.. .

| P.S.
| You and I traveled the Ercoupe road last December.
| Others can look it all up in google, if interested.

I tried looking that thread up myself, but I couldn't find it.

The thread was "Luscombe Spin Characteristics"
Here's a sample without me in it.....

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:42:34 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
Kevin Horton writes:

Ha, ha, ha. Only someone with NO knowledge of Coupe design could
write this. Actually, Coupes can handle considerably greater
crosswind landings than most other planes.
True, but only because the Ercoupe is designed to be landed almost sideways.

I like the Ercoupe, even though it did not quite live up to its promise of
being stall/spin proof -- the only thing it proved was the ingenuity of
pilots in figuring out ways to stall/spin a spin-proof airplane.

Amazingly, the Ercoupe will even ground loop -- historically about three
times as often as a Cessna 150. What kind of bonehead would ground loop an
Ercoupe? It has to be right after the pilot says "Hey, you can land these
things in any crosswind. Watch this!"