Old October 31st 16, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Comparing Drjack XCSkies RASP and TopMeteo - U.S. Soaring - Comments?

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 4:22:26 PM UTC-6, WaltWX wrote:
I am interested in hear U.S. glider pilot comments on the pros/cons of all these sites for soaring forecasts. I have used them all at one time or another and find them generally comparable. But, some like RASP and DrJack do a much better job of locating convergence zones/shear lines. Geo-referencing data and ease of use varies a lot. The biggest difficulty is that archive and looking at past forecasts makes it difficult to do inter comparisons.

Your inputs will valuable to me as I am in the process of writing an article for Soaring magazine discussing the basic of Numerical Weather Prediction and how it relates to these soaring web sites.

Walt Rogers WX

In New Mexico I have found XCSkies NAM accurate when compared to the Global or Rapid Update forecasts.

Mike