Old July 19th 03, 08:39 PM
Dave Pearson

* JasonSJbird :

Anyway as a thirty something I am now priviledged to give one of those
"back in the day" speeches. Let's just say that this board has turned into
a freeway situation where you have a flat and no one stops to help these
days. My post was on three days. Too bad. I guess thats why I dont come
thru here as much anymore.

You might want to consider a couple of reasonable reasons why you didn't get
a response. Things like slow propagation (this is usenet you know, it
*isn't* a "board"), no propagation (perhaps your post didn't get very far
around the world's news servers), being more or less "holiday season" in the
Northern Hemisphere can have an impact too. And, on top of that, perhaps
nobody had a useful suggestion.

As a fellow thirty-something I can say that "back in my day" people used to
appreciate that usenet (and BBS systems too) were often a slow medium and
that lack of help didn't mean that nobody wanted to help.

But, just perhaps, it's important to you that you think it's the "nobody
helped with a flat" thing?

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/