Old April 13th 05, 05:32 PM
Bob Moore

(Paul Tomblin) wrote
Russian/Soviet AIs do the opposite - the horizon line is fixed and the
little airplane moves. It must be very confusing for people who had to
switch between "our" sort and "those" sort or back the other way.

Maybe some of them did, but the AI in the YAK-52s that I have
instructed in, had the horizon moving and the airplane fixed.
They were different from the "average" AI however, in that the
horizon ball was gimbled in an almost free fashion and had no
stops that would cause a "flip" during loops and rolls. The
downside of this arrangement was that the "blue" side was on
the bottom when "staight and level" and when pitching-up, the
horizon line on the ball moved up showing more of the Blue-On-
The-Bottom.

Bob Moore