Old June 19th 04, 06:39 PM
BUFDRVR

Ragnar wrote:

My time period is 1983 and forward. My most recent flying wing had a
wing/cc that flew once a month and had an IP in the left seat the whole
time.

I guess the situation depends on your MWS. In the BUFF world, the only senior
leaders requiring an IP on every sortie were our B/G Wing Commanders. Our O-6
Wing/CCs and below all were fully qualified instructors. Now, granted,
depending on what was going on some of these guys "dropped dead" on currencies
now and again and were required to get re-current with an instructor on board,
but they all flew the minimum RAP sorties every month (usually) and in reality
and on paper were FMC instructors. In fact, best A/R instruction I ever
received as a young co-pilot was from our Wing/CV.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"