Old March 7th 17, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Make Sailplane Racing Great Again

Ah... The closer we get to 4/1 the better this gets! Keep it coming,
Wil. I'd also suggest you create and submit a design for the
Participation Trophy and provide a rendering for all of us to see and
comment upon. I suggest it should be at least 6 feet tall to provide
space for all of the participants who will all, of course, be champions.

On 3/6/2017 8:43 PM, wrote:
5J,

Your proposal has been received and duly noted that: For those pilots racing via the condor app, they must submit a sealed, signed, notched, notarized statement from TWO Officials Observers that have at least 3 years experience working with the FAI to verify the processing speed of the computer.

A "fair" handicap for processor speeds will be applied to the scores after the race.

Further consideration will go to their respective joystick, and determine the penalties associated with that if the joystick has a vibration system to alert the pilot when entering a strong thermal (aka "the bump"), those systems will uniformly be given a 2% additional handicap.

Best ,

WW

--
Dan, 5J