Old July 2nd 03, 06:29 PM
Anony Mouse

Default Cessna 150 Cruising

I had a combined CHT/EGT installed recently.
A poster (MichaelR) suggested to go full throttle.
My advice: Don't do that.
Your CHT will be to high, you'll set yourself
up for frequent cylinder overhauls.

I take off full throttle and then throttle back
to 2600. The CHT will be around 380 F, below
the 400 F mark my mechanic advised me not to
exceed.

With 2600 RPM, I get about 95 knots indicated.
(My C150 has no wheelpants. Word is, you'll see
5 to 10 knots more with wheelpants.)

Typical cruising altitudes for me are 3500, 4500
and 5500. Went to 10500 once, overflying SFO
class Bravo (full throttle of course), but the CHT
was slightly over 400 F and this is not the best
thing to do. I don't think I'll do that again.