Old September 1st 03, 07:10 PM

It seems like a waste to spend 8 years in the USMC accumulating rank
and grade, and then go all the way back to O-1, 0 years in the Navy.
Even if you serve your 8 years as a Marine aviator, is it possible to
preserve your rank and grade when you go into the Navy as an MD?

Thanks

wrote in message . com...
If a Marine pilot gets accepted to medical school, and wants to go and
come back into the NAVY as a doctor, how does he go about doing that?
Can you just transfer from the Marines to the Navy? And will they let
you leave for Med School, or do you have to serve your 8 year aviation
commitment as a pilot?

Thanks in advance! (I'm trying to figure my options out.)