Old November 16th 04, 04:15 AM

On 15 Nov 2004 16:20:48 -0800, (John Galban)
wrote:

My buddy and I were putting the finishing touches on the RV-10
instrument panel this weekend, when we got to wondering about how to
label the breakers.

He's found a place across town that will silk screen the lettering
onto the painted panel. This presents a bit a of a pain in the butt
logistically and will also be pricey.

We were wondering if there are any good "do-it-yourself" ways to put
lettering on the instrument panel. On the RV-6 he used a label maker
with clear tape and black lettering. This looked good at first, but
the label material eventually yellowed and the labels proved to be
very difficult to remove and replace without scratching the panel's
paint.

So, does anyone have any recommendations? We're open to
suggestions.

Thanks,

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Know any draftsmen?
Use the Leroy Lettering system with india ink, and clear over it when
finished. Works best on a light coloured panel, but you can paint the
panel white or ivory, letter it, mask the "labels" and paint the rest
of the panel black or whatever, leaving the black lettering on
while"labels" on the dark panel if you wish.