Old March 20th 05, 09:50 PM
Phormer Phighter Phlyer

D. Scott Seders wrote:
I have searched the net but have found very little. What are the details
surrounding his death?

Thanks,
Scott Seders

I'll try again. I was on scene commander, when CO of VF-126. Engine
came unglued in a A-4E, P-8 engine. When he jumped out, straight and
level at 15k or so, about 200 kts, the explosive that is designed to get
him all the way out on initial ejection didn't burn all the way and he
hit the tail. Probably killed instantly.
One of Willie Williamson's helos, of the CV, which I can't remember,
picked him up. After testing of 10 of the seat charges stored for this
seat, 7 failed, I grounded all the 'E' models(different seat in all
other A-4 models). FitFud didn't like it but I did it anyway.