Old January 21st 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Aircraft Registration

jphoenix wrote:
I suspect it has something to do with controlled airspace, etc.
but I'm not planning on getting anywhere near any of that in the near
future.

I recommend, if you plan to enter the NAS at any time in the near
future, or maybe just want to stay slightly on this side of the legal
fence, you check the database for your N number and see if you're on
the list.

Perhaps the airspace system might include permission to enter a wave
window. Be a bummer to be told "NO" as you struggle to stay below 18,000
feet!

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA