Old December 18th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Super Skycycle

boB: Well I sure wouldn't plan on going to Sturgis from Southern Calif. but
from home to the airport? Yep. Flying off of a public road has been done,
but swinging those rotor blades would sure create a potential traffic
hazard. We met a guy in Alaska that had an RAF gyro in a hangar down a dirt
road not too far from the Dalton Highway who would taxi it out to the
pavement, take off and fly down to the gas station, gas up and fly, with
skis down his trap line landing on the frozen river. I doubt that the CHP
would find it very amusing tho to see a gyro land on the highway, convert to
MC and drive off. Probably get busted for excessive width in the gyro mode.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"boB" wrote in message
Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
boB: I know a little bit about the Butterfly thing. The 4th picture

down
on the left of the first website listed is a picture of me in my crack

hat
sitting on the Super SkyCycle. I met Larry Neal, the SkyCycle designer

That is You! Nice to meet you and you look like you're having fun.
Looking at the rear wheels and tires, do you think it is limited when
used as a motorcycle? Is it something that shouldn't be used as a "get
around town" motorcycle?

An interesting thought. Since it's street legal, can a pilot land out on
a country road, drive to a nearby gas station, then take off from the
road again. Just a thought since there are so many little airstrips
dotting the countryside that you could land on then drive for gas from
there.

--

boB
copter.six