Old April 22nd 17, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SkySight forecast available for SW USA

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 5:30:26 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, 22 April 2017 00:31:14 UTC+1, Kurt Thams wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:03:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have had a number of queries offlist about SkySight's coverage - we cover almost all of the US now, barring an area around North Dakota/Minnesota.
Coverage will be extended there too if demand exists.

One of the features from Dr. Jack that I like but is missing from XCSkies is CU Potential.

Does Skysight have that?

I find it useful because just having "yes / no" to cumulus isn't nearly as informative as the likelihood of them.

Hi Kurt,
Yes it does, and SkySight calls this "Cu Depth". The concept is identical.
Cheers,
Matthew

I would like to add that the convergence forecast on skysight is very good. Certainly helped in my last flight.

Thanks Matthew.

Best Regards,
Daniel